1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weapon Pack

1. Authren

Authren Staff Member

• Administrator
    • Staff
    Hello fellow adventurers,

As you might know, we are working on a Weapon Pack which will include both models and skins for the weapons but also items that you can get ingame.

This pack will not be forced upon joining. But can be downloaded on our website. We are working hard to make as many weapons as we can and in this thread I want to show you the quality of our weapons so far.

You could also apply for a "Weapon Creator", this means that you will create skins and models for our server this does not mean you can set the stats for an item (the skins have to be original and made by yourself, you are not allowed to share any work that you create for our server).

To apply go to the Application section on our forums and fill in the information that is listed in that thread.

But lets get to the actual weapons. As you already have found out, we have a variety of classes on our server (Mage, Priest, Warrior, Rogue). Each class has a few types of weapons that can be used. One class might have more then the other but you'll find that out later.

To create Weapons we use 2 programs:
    - Photoshop or some other program which allows you to draw.
    - Cubik Studio

In Photoshop we make the skins and size of the actual weapon, we first make the shape and then we start to fill everything in, eventually we have to give it a texture so we use color palletes to create a texture for the weapon. When that is done we take the drawing apart and make everything into seperate layers. The layers are what makes the items 3D. As you can see down below in the spoiler, I'm making a shield, One picture shows the outlining and the other one shows the layers, I marked every layer with a different color.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    In Cubik Studio we place all the layers seperatly. After we put 1 layer in we check if all elements are in the correct spot and when everything is correct we place the next layer, after each layer is placed we put in the texture. (Shield was still being worked on, it looks completely different, it's to give you an image what the program looks like
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I tried to explain the Weapon making process real fast but in reality this process can take up to 1-4 hours, sometimes even more depending on which weapon you're creating and how many layers you're using.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Miso_Soup

Miso_Soup Staff Member

• Administrator
    • Staff
    Name: Mitsu F.
    IGN: Miso_Soup
    Bio: I've played Minecraft for around 5 years. I have 3 years of team-administration experience, backend operations, graphical/MC build-work. I understand the basics of photoshop enough to work texture packs. I'm fairly new to modeling but I am confident that I will suffice for the position.

Here are some of my works:

View attachment 46 View attachment 45
    View attachment 44

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  3. Miso_Soup

Miso_Soup Staff Member

• Administrator
    • Staff
    I apologize. Just read, "To apply, go to the Applications forum". Using the phone to type anything is unpleasant. Shna-blah blah blah

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017