1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expectations??

1. Aug88

Aug88 Staff Member

• Founder
    • Administrator
    • Staff
    since we draw close to a release and only content creation is on the table, it perhaps is time to ask the community what they expect of this server, let alone things they never seen before?

we all know in general MMO's are the same and we want to stand out to a broad public. But what do you think as a community member a good minecraft mmo should have, Now be honest do not base it entierely on your own demands but think in general, is is the pvp? Is it quests? Good lore? Or ofcourse the comination of those and many more things!

let's hear it!

2. Monkey36

Monkey36 Staff Member

Creating memories in general is the most important part. Another big part is the aspect of being able to play it again - replayability of an MMO is very important to me - there's nothing like playing something a second time or coming back to a place where you started and feeling the warm nostalgia of it. That's the number one thing for me :)

UnoWild, Blizzardgale and Aug88 like this.
  3. Aug88

Aug88 Staff Member

• Founder
    • Administrator
    • Staff
    give this man a medal

Monkey36 likes this.
  4. Blizzardgale

Blizzardgale

Personally for me, it's the fact that the entire game is an mmo inside of Minecraft. Large scale mmo's are all relatively similar these days; Creativity and invention of new mechanics have been absent for years. But Minecraft's limitations actually give developers the incentive to innovate. Plus, due to EULA rules, Minecraft mmo's can be considered to have the most equitable economies and power structures. "Pay to win" simply does not exist in a Minecraft mmo, rather your efficiency and hours put into the game determine your end result. So overall, just keep up the good work with Legends of Valeros and don't be compelled to strictly follow traditional mmo's. This is what will compel people to join your server: something fresh, unique, and well-designed.

5. plant man

plant man Mineplex trainee

tbh itll be good as long as its fun

6. YoungDo1ph

YoungDo1ph Aka BankManager

• Alpha+ Participant
  7. Zercon

Zercon

I need incentive as to why I should be putting my time into and playing the game. When I reach "end game" I need something to do and work for still. My main thing would be pvp, Im all for it being weird and different, but keep it competitive and fun. (If you can fight with no risk / no reward it isnt really fun, you dont have to drop loot or anything but some other form of punishment would be cool)

8. RoyalNinja

RoyalNinja

• Alpha+ Participant
    The 2 most important factors for a good MMO in my opinion are:

1. Replayability, you should be able to put in countless hours without getting bored, the game should have so much to do that the player never asks "what now", this should be done in a matter that isn't overwhelming. You shouldn't just give them 30 quests and say go do them all, that would make anyone overwhelmed. Instead the game should contain a lot of content such as: Professions, Dungeons, Guild wars, and other things that keep players involved.

2. Endgame, this to me is the most important thing. I want to know what I am putting hours in for, people say its not the destination that matters, its the journey and in a lot of cases that is true, but when it comes to video games and especially MMOs all I care about is the destination. Why am I putting in time into a Minecraft server? What is the goal? The reason I quit a lot of MMOs such as BDO, Guild Wars and WoW is because the end game didn't appeal to me. The end game should never be more grinding, if I spent hours grinding to get to the end game and you tell me that the end game is more grinding, I'm gone. Instead the endgame should consist of things that oppose a great deal of challenge. Things such as PvP, massive raids, etc etc. I personally hate PvE endgames so for me personally its all about the PvP when it comes down to it.

9. Aug88

Aug88 Staff Member

• Founder
    • Administrator
    • Staff
    funny fact is that Wow actualy offers all of these things that you just suggested, we try our best to balance things out both pvp and pve, this is also done with tournaments, battlegrounds, raids and such, keep in mind this is still minecraft ;)